WIP: Steampunk dress, underskirt and corset

Share

I’ve joined to the new game!

A theme of the game is Steampunk. I wished to sew a dress in this style for a long time. So after some hesitation about will I have time for sewing I’ve joined eventually.

The dress

The first step of the game was to collect textile, ribbons, buttons, snaps and etc that I will use for sewing. And it was necessary to take a picture of all these. I found a textile I bought long time ago especially for the steampunk dress. It’s black and white on the picture below. I found a piece of leather I’ll use for a corset. Also I’ll use a black silk for the corset. I’ll use a white cotton textile with a narrow white lace for an underskirt.

no images were found


The second step was to make my own patterns for the dress, the corset and for tights. After making the patterns I checked them by sewing a test dress. Here is my first dress testing:

no images were found


I did a mistake. Again. Because I always do it and always forget about :( I forgot that doll’s hand needs more space to get in. So it’s necessary to make cuffs wider a little.

no images were found


I changed the pattern. The doll’s hand can get into but I lost the sleeve length :(
Here is my second attempt in test dress.

no images were found


Ok, I changed the pattern again. I decided that I wont do any mistakes and cut off details from black and white textile. I was so fascinated while sewing that forgot to take pictures. I took them only I ironed the dress.

no images were found


no images were found


My Taisia is wearing almost finished dress.

no images were found


I have to sew a hem and buttons yet. But it seems to me that Taisia looks gratefully on me in her new dress. I haven’t sewn for her for really long time!

The corset

I sewed it from pure silk. During the process I discovered that I don’t see black on black :( So I had to baste the seams using white thread to see them.

no images were found


Ok, done. I’ve already sewed leather details:

no images were found

Almost sewed corset. I have to put eyelets only.

no images were found

The underskirt

I failed again in choosing right fabric. Apparently, there is a polyester in the fabric I’ve chosen for the underskirt. It crumbled while I tried to frill it.
Ok, the underskirt almost done, I only checked both converge seams.

no images were found


I sewed the top of the underskirt by lining, then sewed the back seam, baste hem and sewed lace.

no images were found


Ok, it’s done.

no images were found

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Share
Share