WIP: Round 20 on DOA “Seasonal”. Dresses inspired by 1950s


I joined in to a new game on DoA. The point of the game is to complete one full outfit in a month. I would like to sew outfits inspired by 1950s for my Iplehouse Jessica with large breast and Iplehouse Soo with small breast.






I found a book with pattern construction that was issued in 1959. As I thought that the patterns from this book are suitable for 50s fashion underwear I made a panties’ pattern and sewed them.

Attempt number one: the pattern, a front and a back view of panties.

01-panties-pattern 01-panties-front 01-panties-back

I liked the front view of the panties, but I didn’t like the back view. Thus I decided to make another pattern and sew new panties.

Attempt number two.

02-panties-pattern 02-panties-front 02-panties-back

I liked these panties more.

Attempt number three.

I decided that the green, second, panties are too tight for the doll and I wanted to make them a bit loose. I just added 3 mm at each seam, but this gave 1,2 cm in total. Thus the new panties are too loose for the body now. I also made top-stitching on the panties, but it is not visible on the fabric.

Attempt number four.

Because the top-stitching is not visible on the fabric I didn’t make it on the new panties. After all the torments with the panties I finally got perfect panties for Iplehouse EID body!

Using the same patterns book I made perfect pansies for Iplehouse SID body as well.



I decided that the petticoat would have 3 frills below the hips. I did a mistake and the last frill turned out to be more than 3 meters long!

Then I sewed a waistband to the petticoat, and it didn’t perfectly fit to the doll. I thought it would be better I’d used a facing instead of the waistband. Of course, I understand that the petticoat will be invisible under the dress but I prefer perfectly sewn clothes, so I’ll better sew one more petticoat.

Petticoat for Iplehouse SID body with tulle frill (which is 7.5 meters long!).

2ndpetticoatsoo 2ndpetticoatsoodetails


First attempt.


Second and third attempts.

After I changed the dress pattern due the mistakes I sewed the 2nd prototype dress. It was so awful that I even didn’t take pictures of it. Next I made a new pattern again and sewed the 3rd prototype dress to check the new pattern. The main problem in making patterns for Iplehouse Jessica that my doll has really huge bust :) It’s not easy to make the dress perfectly fit in chest.
3rd-test-dress 3rd-test-dress2

The 3rd attempt looks better for my opinion but still needs to make some adjustments.

Finished dress for Iplehouse EID Jessica.

dress-finished01 dress-back portrait dress-details

Finished dress for Iplehouse SID Soo.

soodress01 soodress02

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *